Most people choose to buy their CNC tools from the brands Iscar, Taegutec, Korloy. Many of them have also tried some other brands of tools but with very poor results. Time is money, so most people still choose to buy from these brands.
However, the CN CNC TOOLS brand of tools is gaining acceptance by most buyers, with the main products being Collets/Carbide Inserts/End Mills, which hit record sales in 2021, with an average of 10,000 collets, 30,000 Carbide Inserts and 35,000 milling cutters sold per month. Why are our tools so popular?
In selecting the type and size of tool, the influence of the following factors is taken into account.
(1) Nature of production
The nature of production in this context refers to the batch size of the part and the influence on tool selection is mainly considered in terms of machining costs.
For example, it may be cost effective to use a special tool for mass production, while it may be more appropriate to choose a standard tool for single or small batch production.
(2) Type of machine tool
The influence of the CNC machine tool used to complete the process on the type of tool chosen (drill, turning or milling tool). High productivity tools such as high speed cutting turning tools and high feed turning tools are permitted where good rigidity of the workpiece system and tool system can be guaranteed.
(3) CNC machining solutions
Different CNC machining programmes can use different types of tools. For example, the processing of holes can be used to drill and ream the drill, but also available to drill and boring tools to process.
(4) The size and shape of the workpiece
The size and shape of the workpiece also affects the choice of tool types and specifications, for example, special surfaces to use special tools to process.
(5) Surface roughness
Surface roughness affects the structure of the tool shape and cutting amount, for example, rough milling of blanks, can use coarse tooth milling cutter, fine milling is best to use fine tooth milling cutter.
(6) Machining accuracy
Machining accuracy affects the type and structure of the finishing tool shape, for example, the final processing of the hole according to the accuracy of the hole available drilling, reaming drill, reamer or boring tool to process.
(7) Workpiece material
Workpiece material will determine the choice of tool material and cutting part geometric parameters, tool material and workpiece machining accuracy, material hardness and other related.
CNC tool performance requirements
As the CNC machine tool has high processing accuracy, high processing efficiency, processing process concentration and the characteristics of the number of times the parts are clamped, the CNC tool used to put forward higher requirements. In terms of tool performance, CNC tools should be higher than the tools used in ordinary machine tools.
When choosing CNC tools, the first priority should be given to standard tools, if necessary, a variety of high-efficiency composite tools and special special tools can be used. In the choice of standard CNC tools, should be combined with the actual situation, as far as possible to use a variety of advanced tools, such as indexable tools, integral carbide tools, ceramic tools, etc..
In the choice of CNC machine tools for machining, the following aspects should also be considered.
(1) CNC tool types, specifications and accuracy levels should be able to meet the processing requirements, tool materials should be compatible with the workpiece material.
(2) good cutting performance. In order to adapt to the tool in rough machining or the workpiece processing of difficult-to-machine materials can be used when a large back draft and high feed, the tool should have the ability to withstand high-speed cutting and powerful cutting performance. At the same time, the same group of tools in cutting performance and tool life must be stable, in order to achieve the tool life by tool replacement or by the CNC system for tool life management.
(3) High precision. In order to adapt to the high precision of CNC machining and automatic tool change requirements, the tool must have a high precision, such as the overall end mill radial size accuracy of up to 0.005mm.
(4) high reliability. To ensure that CNC machining will not occur in the tool accidental damage and potential defects and affect the smooth processing, the requirements of the tool and its combination of accessories must have a good reliability and strong adaptability.
(5) high degree of durability. CNC machining tools, whether in roughing or finishing, should have a higher degree of durability than ordinary machine tools used in processing, in order to minimize the number of times to replace or resharpen tools and tools, thereby improving the efficiency of CNC machine tools and ensure the quality of processing.
(6) chip breakage and chip removal performance. CNC machining, chip breaking and chip removal is not like ordinary machine tool processing as timely by manual processing, chip easy to wind in the tool and workpiece, will damage the tool and scratch the surface of the workpiece has been processed, and even injuries and equipment accidents can occur, affecting the quality of processing and the safe operation of the machine tool, so the requirements of the tool has a better chip breaking and chip removal performance.